Monday, January 3, 2011

Nicole Kidman is a Grieving Mother in 'Rabbit Hole'


Nicole Kidman says she tapped into her role as a mother to play a parent who has lost a child in
Rabbit Hole.

The actress, mother to a 2-year-old with country star husband Keith Urban along with two teenagers with ex-husband Tom Cruise, says that while she's never experienced the grief that comes with losing a child, she was able to empathize with her character.
"When we first optioned play, I wasn't pregnant," Kidman told Reuters of her role in the film, "This has been years in the making, so there wasn't a thought of being pregnant. I thought I'd never get pregnant. But I get what she goes through. I get her relationship with her mother, her sister, God. I get the way in which she is so angry."



"I totally get it, yet for whatever reason, that rawness was available to me," she said of the role that earned her a Golden Globe nom. "May be it was from giving birth 11 months prior."
She also said that she felt "a big thrust to honor" real-life parents grieving the loss of a child.
"There's almost something lifting you up, going 'Come on, if someone can actually be living this, I can be living this,' " she said.


No comments:

Post a Comment